Sunday, March 11, 2007

Vagina Monologues

I attended the Vagina Monologues at Luther College. I think what they were raising money for is a great thing. All of the proceeds go to a battered women's shelter. There were many mixed messages throughout the show. Some of the monologues were very sad about women who were abused and some were about funny things. This was a nice contrast however I wasn't sure what to think about some the message of the show with so much variety. There was one monologue about a girl who was seduced and molested by a lesbian when she was a child, but the story was told in a funny and charming way which I thought was horribly not tasteful. There was also a monologue about how short skirts are not to show off sexy legs, which I found self-righteous and hypocritical. Most of the stories were charming and entertaining but I thought a few were unnecessary.

No comments: