Sunday, March 11, 2007

Ethnic Arts Festival

I attended the Ethnic Arts Festival at Luther College. I found it very interesting. there were many booths set up on different countries with people who had either visited there or lived there. As I walked the hallways looking at different stations it was interesting to see so many different cultures juxtaposed. One booth I found particularly interesting was the South Africa Booth. I talked to someone who traveled there with a class over January and learned all about the Apartide. He told me about it and about what he saw on his travels. I also stopped for a while at the Brazil booth because I know someone who lived in Brazil for a year and I like to hear about other peoples' experiences there. I think the Ethnic Arts Festival is a great event at Luther. It lets many people tell about their cultural experiences and many more people learn about different cultures. When I was there it was not very busy and I think a lot of people missed out on this great opportunity.

No comments: