Sunday, March 11, 2007

Does the internet and technology offer promise and hope for education and learning or does it just create additional problems?

I think that in many situations technology can make things easier for everyone. Teachers using it for grades, communication, and getting information off of the Internet are all productive things, but I have been in a classroom where the teacher could not get something to work and wasted time trying to figure it out. I have however been in more situations where a teacher has effectively used technology to increase learning and create a change of environment for the students. I believe technology should be used in classrooms of all sorts to advance learning. I find when problems happen it is because the teacher attempting to use it is not knowledgeable in what they are trying to do, so I find the fault not in technology but instead the user. A good solution to this is to require teachers to be more educated in technology when achieving a degree and have workshops for them so less class time will be wasted fiddling with gadgets instead of learning.

No comments: